Week 10 of the National Football League has come and gone. We are in Week 11, and ready for Thanksgiving and Black Friday action in Week 12. Let’s take a look at the current NFL Playoff Picture following the games in Week 10:
- Kansas City Chiefs – The defending Super Bowl Champions still sit with the best record
in the AFC. The Chiefs have losses to the Broncos and Lions this season. They took their bye week, and will face a huge test in Week 11 as they battle the Eagles.
2. Baltimore Ravens vs. 7. Houston Texans – The Ravens are coming off a tough loss to
Cleveland, at home, but still holds the 2nd seed. Houston, with rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud is in the 7th spot with a great come from behind win last week. The Texans are battling hard, just a game behind Jacksonville in the division.
3. Miami Dolphins vs. 6. Cleveland Browns – Tua and the Dolphins are going to have to find
some help on the defensive side if they want to fend off the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East. The offense was not great in Germany, but overall, the defense must improve. The Browns came to Baltimore and won a wild one. It was almost a must win if they wanted any chance at the AFC North. The Browns defense is legit!
4. Jacksonville Jaguars vs. 5. Pittsburgh Steelers – Mike Tomlin’s Steelers just continue to
get the job done. They find ways to win. It will be interesting to see how long that style can hang in, inside the rugged AFC North. For Jacksonville, they were not ready to play in their Week 10 loss to the 49ers. But, at 6-3, they still hold a single game lead over the Texans in the divisional race.
- Philadelphia Eagles – the Eagles would be the top seed. Philadelphia has a tough stretch
of games coming up, so we will see if they are up to the task to keep that spot. The Eagles are the defending NFC Champions.
2. Detroit Lions vs. 7. Minnesota Vikings- The Detroit Lions picked up a massive win over
the Chargers in Week 10. That win pushed them 1.5 games ahead of Minnesota in the NFC North, and also kept them in the 2nd seed in the NFC. The story for Minnesota has been an amazing one. They are fighting tons of injuries, but continue to find ways.
3. San Francisco 49ers vs. 6. Dallas Cowboys – What a heavyweight battle this would be.
The 49ers came out of their bye week, and looked great in the win over Jacksonville. The Cowboys lost a great chance in Week 9 when they couldn’t get in the end zone and win at the Eagles. Not winning the division is going to haunt them, as a first round matchup against the 49ers is not what they want.
4. New Orleans Saints vs. 5. Seattle Seahawks – The 5-5 Saints are winning the NFC
South. Keep in mind, this is a division that saw an 8-9 team win it last season. Seattle is actually tied with the 49ers in the NFC West, so Week 12 in Seattle and Week 14 in San Francisco will be huge games for both teams.
There you have it. That’s the current NFL Playoff Picture as we wrap up Week 10!